Sunday, November 22, 2009

Vampire or Werewolf?

Twi-hards. Twilighters. Crazy but cute new words coined for "Twilight" saga fans or die-hards. It can't be denied that almost every girl here and in other parts of the world is dying to fall in line to watch "Twilight" on its first showing week. Just imagine the crowd of Twilighters that turned out in cinemas on the film's first showing night. I, myself, wanted to watch it on the first night if not for my kill-joy friend (peace!) who talked me into realizing the absurdity of the idea. Why absurd? Because, according to her, a ticket is sold for 300Php, a big deal for us hard-working girls who pay our own bills. Well, she's always right. Then I got a little depressed afterwards.

Don't be misled. I'm not a Twilighter. I haven't read a single book in the series. It's just that vampires have fascinated me ever since I can remember. It's the way they look at you...their eyes are like golden magnets pulling you into their arms...seducing you...making you plead for them to pierce your throbbing neck with their fangs and suck your sweet blood and take you to heaven or hell, it doesn't matter anymore. This is my favorite part in vampire stories. My heart beats so fast just thinking of being 'kissed' by a vampire.

But then, there's also the werewolves. The first time I saw the teaser and the half-naked body of the new and improved Taylor Lautner a.k.a. Jacob Black, my jaws dropped, literally. He looks so delicious now. He worked so hard to get that body to die for. And he cut his hair, too. Cute.

Vampires vs. Werevolves. Vampires are much more sophisticated and mysterious and powerful. But werewolves definitely look stronger and hotter. Well, in this movie, they do look sexier and fiercer. Sorry, my dearest Edward Cullen. Besides, if girls would be surveyed on who they like more, I believe most would choose Edward over Jacob. I loved Edward in "Twilight" because he's my ideal guy back in high school. Silent-type, mysterious, cute, and best of all, he's always there to save you like Superman. What more could you ask for?

Well, I still have to see "New Moon" before I can decide if I still like vampires over werewolves (hhmm...the equally hot Lycans in "Underworld" just popped into my head). Oh, it's so hard to choose between hot, hot, hot creatures of darkness...

No comments:

Post a Comment