Thursday, November 19, 2009

The Wannabe

I'm a fake. Surely feels like one. This is my second attempt at starting a blog. The first time I did it, I stayed up for hours thinking of a decent topic to write about and ended up with nothing but a blog title and poor layout. And then I decided I didn't have what it takes to even write about what I felt at the time. I remember I was feeling low (as usual), and having this strong urge to pour out my deepest, darkest thoughts, the high-tech way, for active members of the online community to read and dismiss as blah. Maybe that's why I chose the title "Confessions" for my blog. On second thought, maybe I just couldn't fathom the idea of other people not that close to me to read my revealing entries. Well, it's just a matter of changing the privacy settings, right? Darn, a loooong way to go before I can have a full grasp of this blogging mania that every Internet savvy and opinionated dude and dudette is doing. With perseverance and lots of help from my blogger friends, perhaps I could pass as one?

I BELIEVE IN ME. I CAN DO THIS.

My guru, the goddess of the night sky, once told me to believe in something, and it will manifest. Confidence is what I lack. So please come to me, my long lost friend. I'm losing many great opportunities without you in my life.

This effort is not just because I want to be "in". This is a need. For a not-too-young girl who is finding it hard to understand who she is or what she wants in her life, this is a great way to reach out for help from friends and strangers as well.

Will this do for a first timer? Feedback encouraged :)

2 comments:

  1. Go, go! Writing the first entry is always the hardest part. After that, the thoughts will just come flowing. Don't worry about what others will think. You are writing for yourself, not for them. ;)

    ReplyDelete