Saturday, August 21, 2010

To Blog Again

Last blog entry: December 2009. Date today: August 21, 2010. Whew! Less than four months to go and it will be a year without writing anything!

This is sooo me. Things that I need to do are just piling up undone. I even make a list of things that I wanna accomplish before this year ends: important things such as making more money, starting a T-shirt or accessories business or any business at all!, opening a savings account (like I can manage to save some bucks), going to the gym, reading more books, blogging more, etc., etc., etc.... They are still...just plans.

Why am this way? Most of my extra time are spent Facebook-ing, watching movies on my laptop, listening to music, drinking beer and having fun with my friends from work, attending gigs... It's not that I don't need these simple pleasures in life. I DO. After working hard meeting quotas and doing reports in the office, plus other work-related stress, every day of the work week, I would really need good food, great music, and two to four bottles of ice-cold San Mig light. :) Well, at least every pay day.

Reality is--- I need to really grow up and face my responsibilities. I'm still entitled to drinking and partying, but every bottle of beer and pulutan would be more worth it if I have accomplished something important, something outside of work. Pushing myself to do what I've been meaning to do for the longest time is not easy for me. Especially since most of the time, exhaustion from working overtime engulfs me. I admit to being lazy most of the time. And I confess that most of the time I just waste on bad thoughts, ending up mad for no reason, and then -- away na ito, if you know what I mean.

What to do...what to do...

A simple task as a start... blogging regularly.

And I hope from there I would learn gradually how to spend my time on more meaningful and fulfilling activities. Hoping that each week, I could accomplish something that I could be proud of.

I hope.

3 comments:

  1. Thank goodness you're back. Yes, please write more regularly (I should too but have been busy with other things as well). So how have you been lately? :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Been crazy and lazy pa din.. hay, how I envy you... kaya mo balance ang lahat at you really accomplish meaningful things... guru talaga hehehehe

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey, tao lang. Even I have my shortcomings. ;) Find time to do the things you love. Even if it's just a few hours a day, it makes a difference.

    ReplyDelete